Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Determination

Where is your determination? How long does it last? Have you taken on the mentality to do anything necessary to get the job done?


To push the forces of hell out of the way, you have to be more determined than hell itself. You have to be willing to do anything necessary to get the job done. The vision before you must be more important than your own personal pleasure. When you adopt this mentality for you life, you will always push through hard times and take significant territory for the Kingdom of God. -Sparkling Gems


You all know by now that I struggle with procrastination, inconsistency, indiscipline and out and out laziness at times.  My prayer over the last few months has been for God to really help me in this area. As we have been going through the prayer journey, one of my biggest requests of God is that He give me a PASSION for His will, being the woman HE wants me to be.


I read this amazing devotional in "Sparkling Gems" by Rick Renner. It really made me think. How determined am I? To be more determined than hell itself is a HUGE call to action and responsibility. I know I am SELDOM really willing to do ANYTHING necessary to get the job done in ANY situation. I do it till it hurts... but once it hurts, I am ready for the recliner, a bubble bath and a good back rub.


I so want to fulfill God's call on my life, yet I am not doing a very good job at pushing through the tough times. It is time to change my mentality and start taking significant territory for the Kingdom of God! If you ever struggle with the same areas, let's join in the prayer together... Thy Kingdom come... THY WILL BE DONE... and PUSH all the way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment