Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Confirmation: A Follow-up to "For Better or Worse"

Can I just say, I LOVE how my God works!!! If you haven't read the previous post, "For Better or Worse," read it before you read this one.

Just after posting, I was doing my normal morning routine of prayer and then opening my Bible asking God to show me what He had for me today. And, of course, in His faithfulness, I opened the scripture to Lamentations. Chapter 2 and 3 give good context, but I want to especially show you how God's Word is so in touch with where we are.

Remember the "hope" I spoke about in the last post? Listen to Lamentations 3:19-32, taken from The Message:

I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness, the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed. I remember it all-oh, how well I remember-the feeling of hitting bottom. But there's one thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope.

God's loyal love couldn't run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left.

God proves to be good to the man who patiently waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. It's a good thing when you're young to stick it through the hard times.

When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter into silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The "worst" is never the worst.

Why? Because the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return. If he works severely, he also works tenderly. His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.

I just LOVE my God. Is this not so close to what I just talked about in the "For Better or Worse" post? I love that it says that the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return!!

Sometimes when blogging, I forget to back up what I've posted with scripture. I think of you all as friends and forget that sometimes we really need to SEE the WORD exactly as it is written. I just wanted to make sure that as I blog about what God is putting on my heart, you also see that it isn't just something "I" am telling you, but it is straight from the Word.

I hope that these verses will be an encouragement to someone today. Don't lose heart, just give it to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment