Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Did You Miss Me?

If by chance you have been faithfully reading the posts on SHINE, you may have noticed there wasn’t one yesterday. The goal is to post as often as possible, with hopes to have a post every week day. Big intensions I know, but it is a goal. As I prayed for something to post yesterday, there was nothing. I was worried about it, almost to the point of becoming anxious. Then, a dear friend advised me not to push it and to wait on God, post when I could and leave it in His hands.

I know today why I wasn’t supposed to have a post for Tuesday. It is really amazing how God works. In order to better illustrate my point, I will share a bit of my own personal experience with you.

For about three weeks now, I have had a gentleman calling. (Oh the joys of single life! LOL) I know that about a certain time in the evening the norm is to receive a phone call. I enjoy the communication. I like getting to know him. We talk about all kinds of things and are getting to know each other little by little. In the three weeks (give or take) he has been calling, there have only been two evenings he didn’t call. Those evenings, when the phone didn’t ring, there was a little sink in my heart. I missed that opportunity to get to know him better. Every moment is precious in building a new friendship and potential relationship.

Just as you may have missed a post yesterday; just as I missed my “friend” calling; Jesus misses us when we skip a day of communication with Him. Jeremiah 24:7 says, “And I’ll give them a heart to know me, God. They’ll be my people and I’ll be their God, for they’ll have returned to me with all their hearts.” God wants us to return to Him each and every day. He wants us in daily communication with Him. Take time to communicate with the man who should be your BEST FRIEND today.

No comments:

Post a Comment