Thursday, August 14, 2014

Depressed? Need Revival?

It's been a LONG while since I have written a post. Life has been chaotic and crazy. There have been defeats, disappointments, and distractions. God is renewing my heart to focus on HIS ministry and mission for my life and I am finding revival in my heart day by day. 

I have kind of avoided all the talk about Robin Williams, just because I would much rather promote God than a celebrity. BUT.. it is true that so many deal with hidden issues that is just too hard, shameful, embarrassing, or just too much a sign of weakness to share.





 That being said. I have been dealing with quite a bit of reoccurring depression myself. I... try to be VERY transparent with my life (even at the discouragement of doing so by the ones who love and want to protect me), but STILL there are some things.. we just keep inside.

I don't know HOW people make it without God! Even in my deepest depressions.... ESPECIALLY in my deepest depressions. HE is my strength and refuge.

My revival is coming slowly, but once again God met me where I am this morning and gave me this to claim... maybe you need to claim it today as well:

"I am STILL confident of this: I WILL see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the LIVING. WAIT for the Lord; BE STRONG and TAKE HEART and WAIT for the Lord." -Psalm 27:13-14

"PRAISE be to the Lord for HE HAS heard my cry for mercy. The Lord IS my STRENGTH and my SHIELD; my heart TRUSTS in HIM and I AM HELPED. My heart leaps for JOY and I WILL GIVE THANKS TO HIM in song." -Psalm 28:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment