Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Proud Mama Moment

Don't you just LOVE it when you see that your kids are "getting it"? Especially when you see them soaking up God!

This morning as I was about to make my post to SHINE, I looked over in my blog list to see that my ten year old had made a post to her blog. Clicking over to read I was so impressed with what she had written. I helped her start the blog a month or so ago as a challenge for her to share what she was learning about God. I was hoping to help spark a little light in her to teach her how to SHINE as well.

If you could see my face now! I am just beaming to know that she not only "got it" when she heard the lesson at her friend's church, but that she decided to share it as well. Sometimes we don't realize what our kids are taking in. Cat has not shared one bit of what she wrote in her blog with me, but... she still learned it and is obviously taking it to heart.

Encourage your kids. Invest into their spiritual growth. Challenge them to be a light as well. It doesn't matter whether you are a spark or a flame, it still puts light on darkness somewhere. Check out her post and join me in my praise to God for creating a hunger in her life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment