Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ooops! Forgive me!

 Do you ever forget something and remember when it is too late? Do you have every intention of staying consistent and somehow end up failing without even realizing it? Guess what?!?! You aren't alone. Well, you may have felt alone if you showed up for the SHINE PJ Party tonight!

I am soooo sorry if I let any of you down tonight. I am being real and honest, because that is part of what SHINE is all about. We are here to be REAL with one another and the reality of the situation is that I just became distracted with my day and forgot about the post until now! I had not even made the video yet! And honestly, I feel horrible!

So what can we gain from this spiritually? Hmmm... isn't it interesting that our next portion of The Lord's Prayer is, "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us." So, I could simply ask you to forgive me and remind you that if you want God to ever forgive you, you have to forgive me. But, I don't think that is what Jesus was wanting us to get from that part of the prayer.

Matthew 7:12 says, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." I think this goes hand in hand with this section of the prayer. It is almost like a reverse request... as you forgive us Lord, help us remember how we should forgive others.

How many times am I quick to judge someone's intensions? How often do I hold something against someone who has irritated me, got under my skin, or maybe hurt me (intentionally or not)?

Yes, I hope you all will forgive me for not posting our video tonight. But, I know my wonderful Heavenly Father already has. HE IS SO GOOD! I figure you all were sick of seeing my face every Saturday night anyway.. you probably needed the break! See, GOD IS SO GOOD!! :O)

Here is a thought, someone shouldn't have to ask for your forgiveness in order for you to forgive them. The Lord's Prayer was a daily prayer. We should be daily forgiving the trespasses of those around us as an action of love and gratefulness for the forgiveness God has given us.

So, here I am being REAL with you... don't feel so bad if you mess up... just remember to be as gracious with those around you as God is with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment