Friday, April 2, 2010

Secret Recipes

Does your family have a secret recipe? Is there some wonderful dish that has a special ingredient that makes all the difference in the world? Most families have some type of secret recipe that is written down in an old cook book or penned on a notecard and tucked away in the back of the recipe box. And for some reason, there seems to be a sort of pride that no one else knows just exactly how to create that perfect dish the way your family can.

I was reading in Second Peter this morning and realized that I have a huge cook book of secret recipes right at my fingertips. 2 Peter 1:4-10 gives the specific recipe for how NOT to fall. Giving all diligence... add to faith virtue, to virtue knowledge... temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, charity. For if you do these things, you shall NEVER fall.

Here I go around worrying about how in the world to be the person I need to be and it is right there in front of me. If I can just add those things to my life.. then I won't fall.

The point I am making is that we all have a priceless cookbook readily available at our fingertips. The recipes are SECRET recipes, but not because they are meant to be hidden from you, but because you have to be part of the FAMILY in order to fully execute the recipes.

Are you part of God's family? Then open up the cookbook and start memorizing the secret recipes of life. If you aren't a part of the family, then it is time you accept Christ and get in on the wonderful meals of life God has waiting on you. It is time to cook up a delicious life... a life centered in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment