Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hiding Out

I don't care where it is... but I am ready to go hide out somewhere! It's been one of those days, and I know you have them too. Maybe today is one of those days for you. Want to join me? Let's just go hide out somewhere!

Why in the world am I wanting to hide so badly? Well, let me just fill you in a little. EVERYTHING is going wrong!!! Ok ok, that may be a BIT of an exaggeration, but it feels like more and more is turning out wrong than right.

Amongst the kids whining in the mornings, learning to communicate effectively in a new relationship, deadlines at work... and of course a computer that has decided to "not respond" after 2 hours of tediously editing a document and being stupid enough not to safe it somewhere along the way....(You know exactly what I am talking about, don't you? Stop laughing!)...I just want to throw my hands up in the air and give up. Find me a bushel and I am going to go hide under it! Actually, just for the record... instead of hiding, I am just going to blog this on my lunch break. :O)

Isn't that the way Satan works? Right when you are about ready to take your life and let your light SHINE (no matter how big or small), Satan comes in pushes you till you want to go hide out. See, that is so clever. If Satan just came in and snuffed out our fire, then we could blame our failures on him. But NOOOOOO!!!! He IS a sly old devil. IF he can convince us to go hide out, go find a bushel and hide under it; he has accomplished two purposes:
  1. No one can see our light if it is under a bushel. If we lift our hands and run to hide out, we are missing our opportunity to SHINE in our situation. We lose the opportunity to let Jesus SHINE through our imperfections and humanity.
  2. If we go hide our light under a bushel, we will eventually run out of air and not only will we suffocate, but our light will burn out as well. See... if WE make the decision to go hide, WE are the ones that snuffed out the fire, not Satan. There is nothing worse than someone sitting in pity and self condemnation. Satan wants to hinder our ability to SHINE and defeat our self-confidence as well.
I can tell you this day will probably end up worse before it does better. Quite honestly, I know Satan well enough to know he is going to be on the attack because I am being obedient and finally conquering my fears. Our first SHINE luncheon is in 2 weeks and I will be speaking at a Mother-Daughter banquet the week after. I am nervous, scared, and insecure. There is nothing better Satan would like to do than to defeat me before I even get started. I am about to SHINE and hopefully spark some light in a few people around me. If Satan can put my light out now... he won't have to worry about the FIRE that God has promised to create from my obedience.

Quit hiding under a bushel today! Don't let Satan convince you to put out your own light! Don't let him suffocate you today!

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine! Let it SHINE! Let it SHINE! Let it SHINE!"

"Arise, shine, for YOUR light has come and the glory of the Lord rises upon you." -Isaiah 60:1 Remember, when you raise up to shine... you have the promise of God raising up with you. He's got your back, so quit hiding out!

No comments:

Post a Comment