Wednesday, May 20, 2009

90 Day Challenge


Anyone up for a challenge? What's that? I hear  you sighing already... or wait I think that was me I heard. Yesterday my dear friend and I came across a new challenge that is beginning on June 1st and we have decided to take it to a new level. If I wait till June 1st, I will just put it off and do what I am famous for.... PROCRASTINATE!!!

If you notice, I put a new poll up the other day, which is so providential. I asked if you have ever read through the entire Bible. Honestly, I hate to admit, but I haven't. Not purposefully. Not cover to cover. Between growing up in a Christian home, going to a Christian high school, and graduating from Bible College, I may have read the entire Bible through the years. However, I have NEVER been able to finish purposefully reading through the entire Bible.

Well, here is my chance... and it's yours too! If you read just 12 pages a day, you can read the entire Bible in 90 days. Now for me, I have a parallel Bible, so I will have to read more like 24 pages, but that still isn't that bad. If you want an exact number of pages you will need to read your particular Bible, just take the page number on the last page of Revelations and divide it by 90. It really isn't that bad.

Now, are you feeling the anxiety I felt when I first decided to take this challenge? Well, welcome to the club! If Satan can defeat us before we even get started, then he has succeeded. I don't want that, do you?

Yes, I am afraid that just as I have done with this blog that things will get busy and I will just fall short and then not put the effort to complete my goal. Let's remind each other that the Bible tells us in Philippians 4:13 that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Did you get that? ALL THINGS... read your Bible cover to cover in 90 days is included in that!

I will be posting how it is going as well as any insights God shows me along the way. So... not only am I committing to doing the reading, but to spend more time with you on SHINE. Are ready for a challenge? Will you start the race with me? Let's keep our eyes on the prize. I want to hide God's word in my heart that I will no longer sin against Him, how about you?

Let's pray for God to bless this endeavor and let it be a great way to SHINE for Him:

Dear Lord,

You of all people know my shortcomings. You know where I slack, where I tend to give up, and my overall lack of discipline. I pray that you give me the strength to complete this challenge, not just for the sake of a challenge, but to truly hide YOUR word in my heart so that I will not continue to sin against you. Let this be the beginning of a walk closer to you than ever before.

For those who are willing to take on the challenge with me, I pray that you give them determination and encouragement. Let the things you show me to share be an encouragement. Prod them to share comments on this very site to encourage one another and to share the blessings you bring out when we dedicate ourselves to your word.

Thank you for what you are getting ready to do. We are looking forward to great and mighty things. Reveal to us the things that we have allowed to be hidden for so long by just not spending time with you like we should. Thank you for we know that in 90 days, we will no longer feel challenged, but changed!

In your precious and Holy name,
AMEN!

OK... no ready.... get set.....GO!!!!! Start reading and look back late tonight for how the first day of the challenge went for me! Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment