Friday, February 17, 2012

What's Your Season?

Just the title brings a melody to mind. "To everything... turn, turn, turn. There is a season...." As I post to SHINE for the first time in over a year, these words come immediately to heart. If you have followed SHINE in the past, you know that I have been very open and honest about the joys, sorrows, triumphs, and struggles of my spiritual life. Abandoning SHINE or the ministry I know God has for me in it, has never been my intention. But of course, as Satan is the supreme accuser...my first thought would be of guilt and shame that I could not be consistent throughout this past year with SHINE. Thus, the song running through my head: "To everything.... there is a season."

But did you know? It isn't just a song. It is God's word. "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven... He has made everything beautiful in it's time." Sometimes seasons are set in motion by God, sometimes by circumstances, and sometimes by our own impulsive choices. But one thing is for sure. ONLY GOD can make it beautiful and it is ONLY in HIS timing.

You see. God gave me the wonderful opportunity to encourage, spend time with, and become friends with some AMAZING women while I was being consistent with SHINE previously. Those same women ministered to me and were a HUGE part of growing me...they were part of the beauty treatments God has so generously been giving me through the past few years. But, He also had a season for me to focus on falling in love and starting a joined family with my new husband. Each were seasons of my life, and each had a specific purpose.

It's been a while since I have blogged, so my words may not be as effective as they have been in the past. But I know God is calling me back into a season of sharing His heart, so I must step out in faith and be obedient... whether any of it makes sense or not.

What am I wanting you to get from all my rambling? Don't think that just because you have moved out of one season that it will never return. Don't think that you have failed just because you haven't maybe obeyed God in a call He has given you. Don't let Satan fool you into thinking that if you didn't do everything just perfectly, that you may as well not try it now. Seasons change, but God doesn't!

God makes all things beautiful in His time.... and our true beauty will be revealed in heaven. You have until you get to heaven to enjoy each and every season God brings your way. If God has put something in your heart and you haven't perfected it; if God has called you to a ministry and you have had to take a break from it; if you are currently not in the place where you know God wants you...DON'T GIVE UP! The same verse in Ecclesiasted 3:11 says, "He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." We cannot fathom what God is doing, even in this moment, to use the seasons of our life to make a difference in eternity! Don't let the things you wish you HAD done better keep you from becoming the beauty God promises you will BECOME.

I look forward to sharing with you all the wonderful things God has been teaching me over the past year. Remember SHINE is to share, help, inspire, nurture, and educate. Don't just let SHINE be a blog you read to get encouragement...SHARE your seasons here too. Leave comments and share your stories about the seasons of your life. God wants to make you beautiful... it's TIME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment