Thursday, September 2, 2010

What's in Your Mouth?

What's in your mouth? Are you chewing on the right things today? Who are you letting feed you today? Read on as we share about letting God be the one to fill our mouths with His best...

I was praying about what God wanted me to post today. Honestly, I don't FEEL like being much of an encouragement today. I don't even FEEL very "Christian" today. I just want to gripe, complain, and pull the covers over my head so I don't see the things that need to be done. I am late for work, my mouth hurts from a dental procedure I had... OOPS! See?!?! There I go with the complaining!

While praying, God asked me, "What do YOU need today?" Now that is a thought, if I am in need of something from God today, maybe someone else might need that exact same thing today. My answer, "I just need some encouragement God!"

HE IS SO FAITHFUL! While praying over words to share today, God directed me to open my Bible. Right there, highlighted in yellow were these words in Jeremiah 1:5-9:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."


 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.


Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth.

All we have to do is just ask God to place His words in our mouth. I look over even this morning and the words I used with my kids. Were they edifying? Did they build up? What am I professing? Is it victory? Or is it complaints?

What's in your mouth today? Are you claiming the power in being set apart by God before you were even formed in your mother's womb? There is power in words! Let that power be directly placed in your mouth by God today!

No comments:

Post a Comment