Friday, March 13, 2009

At Least God is Consistent


I am not the most consistent person in the world.  I am scattered, definitely a bit ADD, forgetful, and unmotivated at times. I tend to get a great idea and start it... but many times fail to finish. I see my more disciplined friends and get discouraged at times. I look back on how long it has been since I have used this medium to "SHINE" and cringe at my inconsistency.

Isn't it nice to know that we have a God who is consistent? Not only is He consistent, but faithful. One of the things that has just blown me away over the past few years is how God's consistency isn't based on us. It doesn't matter if we work out butts off, or fail over and over again. God is consistent through it all. Sometimes His consistency involves discipline, sometimes it involves heart ache... but through it all his provision and love is consistent as well.

My kids fuss at me on numerous occasions about "not keeping my promises." They of course think any time I say we will do something it is set in stone, not understanding that sometimes things come up and we can't keep the plans. The biggest complaint I have comes from my teenager when I have told him he can use the phone, etc. then I punish him by taking away his privileges... "But you SAID I could.. you lied," he will say. He just doesn't want to make the connection that HE is the one that changed the plans by his behavior... not me.

I love the scripture in Isaiah 48 (The Message) that says, " I've said it, and I'll most certainly do it. I've planned it, so it is as good as done." When God starts something... you can bet HE WILL FINISH IT! When God tells us He is going to do something, He will be SURE to do it. 

I am so glad God is consistent. I am so glad I can depend on Him when I can depend on no one else. Remember, you may mess up... you will mess up; you may be undisciplined... you will be undisciplined; but no matter what, God will be faithful and GOD IS FAITHFUL and CONSISTENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment